Ladies Irish Open Club Challenge
- The Ladies Irish Open Club Challenge is open to all members of golf clubs affiliated to the Irish Ladies Golfing Union (ILGU).
- Each competitor must have an official ILGU handicap.
- The tournament shall be played in accordance withthe Rules of Golf and Rules of Amateur Status as laid down by R&A Rules Ltd. together with any local rules approved by the club competition committee and any extra local rules approved by the Tournament Committee.
- Motorised buggies may be utilised only by a person during the competition in possession of a medical certificate of disability issued, and then only if the host club permits the use of such machines. The motorised buggy may be used only by the person named on the certificate and may carry only her equipment and caddy. (Penalty for non compliance with this condition is disqualification of the offending player/s).
- The Tournament Committee is a committee consisting of representatives of Twenty Eleven Irish Ladies Golf Promotions Limited.
- The Tournament Committee shall be responsible for the organisation and management of the competition and will adjudicate on any question or dispute that may arise during the event. The Tournament Committee’s decision shall be final on all matters relating thereto. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to alter the Terms and Conditions of the competition.
- The leading six teams from the four Provincial Finals will qualify to play in the Ladies Irish Open Pro-AM on Thursday 2nd August 2012 in Killeen Castle, Dunsany, Co. Meath. NOTE: substitutions of qualifying team members is not permitted.
- Each “Ladies Irish Open Club Challenge” team shall comprise of 3 lady members from the same golf club, and there must be a representative from at least one of each of the following handicap classes on the team: Class 1: + to 18, Class 2: 19 to 36.
- The “Ladies Irish Open Club Challenge” team captain must register their team online at www.ladiesirishopen.ie by midnight on Friday 27th April 2012.
- Qualification rounds for the “Ladies Irish Open Club Challenge” will take place between 1st April – 6th May 2012, through any committee run 18 hole singles competition in your club during this period. NOTE: For logistical reasons team registration will be closed as of midnight on Friday April 27th. No team registrations will be accepted after this date.
- Each player on the team selects their best score during the period from the 1st April – 6th May, which shall be submitted on the “Ladies Irish Open Club Challenge” entry form with the Ladies Honorary Secretary, in stableford format.
- The ladies team with the best combined score at the end of the qualifying period will be nominated as the team to represent their club in the Ladies Irish Open Club Challenge Regional Final.
- In the event of a tie, the qualifier will be decided by selecting the aggregate of the team’s top 2 scores. In the event that there is still a tie, the team’s top score will be selected or by draw if there is still a tie.
- The Ladies Honorary Secretary must register the leading qualifying team and the 2 runner-up teams scores online at www.ladiesirishopen.ie by close of business (17.00 hours) on the 9th May 2012.
- A team member cannot be substituted. In the event that a team member has to withdraw from the Finals team event, the First Runner Up Team from the Club will be substituted for the winning team. If the First Runner Up Team qualifies, it will be this team that will go and play in the Ladies Irish Open Pro-Am.
- There will be 4 Final venues throughout the country.
- The 120 teams nationally with the best scores will qualify for the Finals. Teams shall be advised 1 week before their Regional Final event. NOTE: allocations for each regional final venue will be made by the Tournament Committee. For logistical reasons teams could be allocated to any of the Finals venues. The allocations made by the Tournament Committee are final.
- In the event of a tie for the 120th place, the qualifier will be decided by selecting the aggregate of the teams’s top 2 scores. In the event that there is still a tie, the teams top score will be selected or by draw if there is still a tie.
- The Finals shall be held in May/June 2012.
- The format for the Finals shall be a team event with the best two stableford scores to count on each hole. Competitors shall play off current Playing Handicaps.
- If the Tournament Committee considers that for any reason the course is not in a playable condition or that there are circumstances that render the proper playing of the game impossible, including inclement weather, it may order a temporary suspension of play or declare null and void and cancel all scores for the round in question. In this instance, qualifiers for the Ladies Irish Open Pro-Am will be decided by a draw.
- The leading 6 Teams nationwide will qualify to play in the Ladies Irish Open Pro - Am on Thursday 2nd August 2012 in Killeen Castle, Dunsany, Co. Meath.
- Ties will be decided by card countback – last 9, last 6, last 3, last 1.
- In the event that a team member or a team has to withdraw from the Pro-Am team event – no substitution can occur and the next qualifying team from the respective Finals venue will qualify to play in the Ladies Irish Open Pro-Am.